DessertsBack to recipe list
Banana-Blueberry Frozen Yogourt Parfait
Serving Size: 8
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 0 Min
Total Time: 10 Min
A simple dessert perfect for cooling off during the summer months.
3 cups (750 mL) Astro Original Balkan Plain 6% yogourt
¾ cup (175 mL) sugar
1½ tsp (7.5 mL) vanilla extract
1 tsp (5 mL) molasses
½ pound (225 grams) bananas, peeled and sliced
½ pound (225 grams) blueberries
- In a large bowl, stir together the Astro Original yogourt, sugar, vanilla extract and molasses until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Place the bananas in the work bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth. Remove and set aside. Repeat with the blueberries and reserve.
- Divide the yogourt mixture and combine half the mixture in the pureed bananas and the other half with the blueberries. Transfer to the fridge and chill for 1 hour.
One at a time, transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Alternate layers and freeze in a tightly covered container for an additional 2 to 4 hours before serving.
Calories per serving: 190.4, Fat 5.4 grams, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 47.3 mg, Carbohydrates 35.2 grams, Fibre 1.4 grams, Sugar 27.8 grams, Protein 3.5 grams
- One serving contains 10% of the % Daily Value of Vitamin C.
- One serving contains 11% of the % Daily Value of Calcium.
Nutritional information is based on an average 2,000 calorie a day diet. Any product substitutions will alter the nutritional information.
For more great recipes visit astro.ca